Site Manager Vacancy
|Grade 4, Points 8 to 14 (Actual Salary: £24,702 - £27,334)
|37 hours per week
|9am on Monday, 12th February 2024
|W/C Monday, 19th February 2024
We are looking to appoint a Site Manager to present an inspiring site, maintain and develop high standards, takes pride and ownership of the school site and be proactive in problem solving within our school. You would be joining an exceptional and supportive team of professionals, who are relentless in our pursuit of excellence and our mission to make every day count for the children. Each of our individual roles has an impact on the future of our children and so, we put them at the heart of the decisions we make and the services we provide.
Mapplewells Primary and Nursery School sits in the heart of Sutton in Ashfield and is a proud member of the Flying High Trust. Mapplewells has a strong reputation within the local community that is built on high expectations and being a proud Mapplewellian! We equip our children with essential knowledge and skills to enable them to achieve strong academic success as well as essential learning for life – SUCCESS is in our hands! This all takes place in an environment that showcases the highest standards of presentation from a dedicated team that places the children at the heart of every decision.
We can offer you:
- A fantastic working environment, in a team that works together for the benefit of children in our school
- The opportunity to be part of a supportive developmental school and partnership
- Support to develop you within this role, to be the best you can be, and to help you develop for your next career step
- An opportunity to be part of a supportive, developmental partnership
- The opportunity for quality Continuous Professional Learning
- A varied job where no day is the same!
- The opportunity for flexible working and generous holiday entitlement
- Pensions scheme with generous employer contributions.
- An organisation committed to supporting and enabling all staff
We are looking for someone who:
- Is passionate about providing an outstanding environment where children feel safe, secure and can learn
- Is interested in education and its impact on the lives of children.
- Is a problem solver, forward thinking and innovative
- Has excellent communication, interpersonal and organisational skills.
- Can work effectively with and without direction.
- Enthusiasm, energy, integrity, and professionalism.
- Is a team player.
- Has an eye for detail.
- Is willing to roll up their sleeves and get stuck in.
Your core duties will be:
- Effective supervision and directive advice to the cleaning staff and any members of the wider site team, to quality assure cleaning and to maintain records of timesheets, rotas, attendance records as required
- Liaise with contractors, obtaining quotations and supervision of contractors on site, ensuring compliance with H&S regulations and quality control of the work carried out
- Undertake regular inspections of the site, buildings and plant, recording necessary repairs
- Engagement with the Trust on key expectations and activities in relation to site management - including the Trust Site Manager network
- To work with the school staff to develop an inspirational and fit for purpose learning environment
For further information about Flying High Partnership, visit our website or have a look at our Recruitment Information Booklet where you can hear from our CEO, Staff and Children from across the Partnership.
Early application is strongly encouraged as we reserve the right to close the advert ahead of the closing date.
We welcome applications from both internal and external candidates. Our organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and post-holders to share this commitment. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applicants. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
Did you know we support teacher training?
Flying High, in partnership with Inspiring Leaders, is a leading provider of high-quality initial teacher training (ITT). We offer the School Centred Initial Teacher Training (SCITT) route at both Primary and Secondary, which means your training takes place predominantly in schools with additional training days delivered by experienced teachers and leaders.
Mapplewells are proud to support this through offering Primary trainees the opportunity to train in our schools and support for trainees through training and guidance from experienced teachers, subject specialists and learning coaches.
Contact our friendly, helpful team at Flying High on 0115 989 1913 or visit us at flying-high-client (flyinghighpartnership.co.uk) to learn more about how you can start your exciting journey with us.
“In the SCITT we were learning in a school based environment and surrounded by supportive people who made us feel part of the family. Our Professional Lead was incredibly nurturing and wanted everything single student to get through because she believed in us. She was so invested in us and always had time for me even after graduating. It made all the difference in my early career.”
Sam Jenkins SCITT alumni and Phase Leader in a Flying High School.