It is lovely to see the children all looking so smart and ready to learn in their uniform. We firmly believe that wearing school uniform helps the children to establish a sense of pride and belonging in their school community and also puts them into a positive frame of mind for working hard. For these reasons our school uniform was made compulsory by the Governors!
Our school uniform:
- White tailored shirt or white/royal blue polo shirt
- Royal blue jumpers or cardigans.
- Royal blue fleece (optional)
- Girls - Plain black/grey tailored trousers/skirt/pinafore – (Plain black grey tailored shorts or school dresses may be worn in summer months)
- Boys - Plain black/grey tailored trousers – (Plain black/grey tailored shorts may be worn in summer months)
- Plain black shoes – Plain black trainers may be worn provided that any logos have been blacked out
- Tights or socks plain black/grey/white only.
Our PE Kit:
- White short sleeved polo shirt
- Royal blue shorts
- Plain black/grey/white socks
- Plain trainers (outdoor) or plimsolls (indoors)
- A plain tracksuit in keeping with school colours of blue, grey or black
- Swimming for girls – A snug fitting one piece swimsuit as specified by Nottinghamshire County Council Swimming Department. No two part or bikini types.
- Swimming for boys - Tight fitting trunks or shorts with no pockets and which are no longer than mid-thigh length as specified by Nottinghamshire County Council Swimming Department
Children should come to school in their PE kit on their allocated day(s) as changing facilities are restricted due to the measures in place. We appreciate that we are in autumn so children can wear tracksuits and their PE kit underneath – your class teacher(s) will communicate further details on Class Dojo. This maximises the amount of time children get for their PE lessons.
It is essential that items of clothing are labelled with the pupil’s name.
Jewellery and watches
Jewellery represents a Health and Safety risk in school and is not to be encouraged. One pair of small ear studs may be worn but no other form of jewellery is allowed. One watch suitable for the pupil’s age may be worn.
No jewellery (ear studs must be covered) or watches may be worn during PE lessons, sports or other non-standard physical activities.
Expensive jewellery and watches must not be brought to school. The school will accept no responsibility for any loss of or damage to any jewellery, watches or mobile telephones brought onto school premises.
If it absolutely essential for a child to bring in a mobile phone, this must be switched off and given to the school office for safekeeping at the beginning of each school day. It may be collected at the end of the school day.
Make-up and Hair colour
Make-up, nail varnish and non-natural hair colours are not considered appropriate in our learning environment. Make up and nail varnish must not be worn, nor should pupils adopt non-natural hair colourings.